Child has painful urination. Any home remedy?

My eight year old son complained this morning and again this afternoon that it hurts when he urinates. I think it;s to much capri sun drinks and he needs to drink more water. Any home remedy that I can give him without going to the doctor. If not, I will make an appointment ASAP or take him to the emergency room. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012

Thank you for your query.

You may be right that painful urination can be due to drinking less water. However, one has to rule out any urine infection. I suggest that you get your son's urine examined to rule out urine infection.

Till you get the examination done, you should give her plenty oral fluids.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.