Child has pain near navel, worsens after eating. Prescribed Metronidazole for colitis. No improvement

Respected Sir My son 8 Yrs old and is suffering from Stomach ache at the navel area. though the pain remains through out the day. But it gets severe as soon as he takes any food. Also taste of his tongue is very bad. at present the doctor here has diagnosed him with COLITIS and two medicines 1) metrnidazole benzoate ( metrogyl ) and 2) Bicasoule were advised. After giving these medicine for last five days there is not much improvement. Kindly guide Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012