Child has pain and burning in chest radiating to back, constipation. What could be causing this?

my 13 yr old son has been complaining of pain and burning on the right side of his chest under his ribs and radiates a little to the back. the pediatrician had thought it was a gas pocket b/c he hadn t had a bowel movement in 2 days and said try heat and go to the bathroom which he has done and it subsides a little but comes back. He had no fever or anything else and has been ok enough to go off with friends for a bit but then comes home in pain and now has a fever. what could possibly be going on? I am going to take him for an x ray by morning. we have been giving him aspirin which works a little and now switched to aleeve and will see.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012