Child has pain above hip, red cheeks and heavy eyes. Suggestions?

Hi, My daughter is 6 and I noticed about an hour ago her cheeks were rosey red, I felt her but she wasnt warm, I didnt say anything to her, just figured I would keep an eye on her, then her eyes looked really heavy, way sooner than her normal bedtime. Then 10 min before bed, she walked towards her room, grabbed her left side(right above her hip) said it hurt real bad when she breathed in .. she was crying, she freaked her self out, said she was fine, doesnt want to miss the Valentines party tomorrow, and fell asleep quickly. any ideas? of suggestions??
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013

Thank you for your query.

By your description it appears that there is something amiss with your daughter. Since she wants to attend the Valentine's day party she is suppressing her sypmtoms. It is difficult to say what can be the reason. Time will tell where exactly it is hurting your daughter.

As Valentine's day has gone and it has been some time now you must have got a better picture of the problem that your daughter is having. Please consult your doctor to relieve her of her pain.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

RKK