Child has nose bleed. History of broken nose. Due to previous injury?

My son is 10 years old. Three months ago he broke his nose at school. His nose healed straight so no surgery has been required. This week he has had a number of large nose bleeds from the right nostril although it does eventually end up running from both sides. The bleeds happen for no reason but have happened more at bed time when he is lying down. Could something be damaged in his nose from the break or is the start of the bleeding to distant from the original injury and unrelated?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013