Child has nasal congestion, cough, fever, rash, fussy, not eating, swelling in roof of mouth

I have s one year old boy who has had rsv twice and constantly having nasal congestion and cough . He has been on pulmicort twice a day for three months. He has also had two bouts of thrush. He has been off and on antibiotics since July. He just now is getting over a viral cold wherein he had a fever if 103 for three days and then developed a rash right after fever broke which i was told was roseola . He has been incredibly cranky fussy and crying a great deal. He is not eating but is drinking. There is presence of bilateral swelling and inflammation on the roof of his mouth. Just curious to what this may be as my dr did not know but put him on amoxicillin for five days. She is thinking soft palete abcess. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012