Child has mouth sores after inhaling corticosteroid. Hole in roof of mouth?

My 4 1/2 year old son has developed many symptoms since taking an inhaled corticosteroid for six weeks. One of the symptoms was sores in the mouth. Not thrush. He told me two days ago that one of the sores feels like a hole now. I figured it was just healing . Yesterday while eating he screamed and said that a piece of the cucumber he was eating went into his ear. This happened twice. While taking the steroid, he had mentioned many times that it felt really cold in his mouth on the left side. Can he really have a small hole in the roof of his mouth? and can food actually get into or feel like it is getting into his ear?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
this is occurring because of misdirection of nerve. due to steroids there was sore in the mouth and during regeneration there is abnormal connection between two nerves which supplies oral cavity and ear, because these 2 nerves remains side by side. so when the child chews the pain is felt in the ear.