Child has mild fever, temporary relief with medicine. Eats normally, advised continuing medicine. Suggestion?

Hi, my son is aged 18 months old and we live in Chennai - India. He was suffering from mild fever about a week back day and for the last 5 days his fever is about 101- 102 whenever we stop the fever medication . Local Doc says it is b coz of follicles- throat infection and continue use medicine for fever and no other blood test is required. As he is not eating normally and always feeling sick, I am bit worried. Kindly advice.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012