Child has lumpy vein in calf. Scan shows veinous malformation. Chest and arm pain. Elevated D dimer. Should I be concerned?

My 7 year old daughter has a large lumpy vein in her calf .She had a scan recently and they told me it was a veinous malformation??She has had left sided chest and arm pain 4 -5 times over the last year and had 2 normal ecgs.Recently she had bloods done and the results of her d dimer came back elevated,normal range being 0.0-0.5 and hers was 1.0.We are due to be seen again next month.Should I be concerned?Otherwise she is happy,healthy and active.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012