Child has lump on neck, firm, does not move, sore throat, stomach pain, stuffy nose, cough

I have a six yr old daughter. She has a pea sized lump on her neck on the left side. It has been there for about 5 months now. It is firm and does not seem to move. She seen a pediatrician , but exam was like in and out. Dr said it was benign, probably from a bug bite? She frequently complains of sore throats, sometimes stomach pain and seems to get stuffy nose and cough . I dont know if I am being paranoid, but my grandmother and uncle both had cancer .
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012