Child has lump in lower abdomen. History of Henoch-Schonlein purpura. Likely scenarios?

History: My 5 year old daughter has been diagnosed with Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP) approximately 1 1/2 weeks ago. She spent a few days hospitalized for fluid therapy and IV pain meds, but that seems to be under control now. Monday her urine tested positive for traces of blood and ketones , and they put her on an antacid , in addition to the oral pain meds, and prn laxatives and prn Ondansetron (which she hasn t needed the prn drugs in the past few days). Complaint: Today I noticed she has a lump about the size of her fist on her lower abdomen (left side) There were no traumatic occurrences noted that could have caused it and I wondering if it could be related to the HSP, or if not, what are the likely scenarios? Her mother took her to the ER and they are there now, but I feel helpless and want to contribute in any way I can.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012