Child has lump behind ear, headache, no nausea or vomiting or fever

My 11 year old has a small lump behind her ear. We just noticed it about a week ago. We have an appointment for Friday to see about it. She had a lump removed about 6 years ago on her neck , and they said it was nothing. Now she has a severe headache again. I realized she s had several of them lately. Very bad ones. Now I m worried. I know lymph modes are the common culprit. She s defiantly had a problem with those before. When they removed the lump back then, she actually had about 8 or 9 of them, and swollen glands that took years to go down. She s been the picture of health for a very long time. Rarely gets sick. Has NOT been sick for a long long time, but here we are with the lump. She never had one there before, and with the severe headaches , I am at a loss. No nausea or vomiting . No fever. What else should I be looking for? Could they be related?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012