Child has lump at the back of the knee, not painful, doctor said not to worry. Second opinion?

Hi Thank you so much for taking the time to read my question. My 3 year old son has a painless lump on the back of his left knee. We discovered it about 2 months ago. His pediatrician says that he needs a MRI done to see what it is but he mentioned that it is nothing we should worry about. He said that it is probably something attached to the ligament and he performed a series of movements on my son s knee to make sure it wasn t painful. Well, we are worried because we have been searching in the web and we read words like cyst, osteosarcoma and osteochondroma and we would like to know your professional opinion on this matter since I am sure you have seen more people with the same problem. We have an appointment with a pediatric orthopedic specialist for next Friday but we would really love to know if this lump is something serious or not before that time . Thank you so much for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012