Child has lump at base of skull, hard, movable, hurts when pressed. What could it be?

I have recently noticed my 5 year old son has a lump at the base of his skull left side. It feels hard initially but moves around slightly when u press it he says it hurts a little bit and that he bumped head on the school gate accidentally ? I asked him when ,said a few weeks ago? And wasnt too sure ??he also has a lump in his neck but this has be confirmed by dr as a lymph node. What could the lump in on his head be ?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013