Child has lump above belly button, no pain, has headaches, cold. Possibility of hernia?

I recently found a lump (size of a nickle) about half a pinky finger or so above the belly button on my 3 year old grandson. He told me more than once that he has a bad tummy but claims the bump doesn t hurt when I touch it. The bump seems soft and it has not moved. He is using the bathroom fine with normal bowel movements. He is also complaining about headaches . (All this within a week or so). BUT, he also has a cold (runny nose ) but no fever. Sinus problems run in the family which could explain the headaches (ie. the runny nose etc). But I am a little worried about the lump. I am waiting for his insurance card so I can take him to the doctor. Until then, I was wondering what you think. (I know its not a real diagnosis etc) I was thinking possible hernia . Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013