Child has low grade fever since days, productive cough, runny nose. Appropriate plan of action?

My daughter is 10 years old; she has had a low grade fever since last Friday (anywhere from 99.8 - 101.00, the higher end in the middle of the night) She has a deep, producing type cough and runny nose . She is not vomiting , and is drinking and eating just fine. I know there is a million things going around right now; I have made a standing dr appt for Thursday, thinking that gives whatever she has a week to try and work it s way this an appropriate plan of action? She has an occasional sore throat , is not complaining of any body aches or other pains (other than a headache when her fever goes up and the Tylenol wears off)
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013