Child has loose motions, green stolls, done stool test, prescribed Oflomac. Routine treatment?

Hello Doctor, greetings, my son 6 months old was suffering from loose motions which eventually subsided in 3 days, during this time the doctor prescribed Rinifol syrup and asked us to observe the color of the stools . The stool color always had a tinge of greenish shade for past some days and continues like it. Today we conducted a Stool test and the doctor has prescribed Oflomac syrup ( antibiotic ) citing an infection. Would this be a routine treatment?, And what in particular should we be careful of so that the infection doesnt re-occur?, My wife had some dairy product items like peda (sweets), chocalates just a day before the baby had loose motions, would this be a reason?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012