Child has loose motion and vomiting. Given Flagyl. What to do?

My 5.5 months old son is suffering from loose motion and vomiting off and on since last one month. He is fine 2-3 days in between and then having loose motion 6-7 days in a row which seems to be in control when I give him Flagyl syrup besides ORS according to my doctor s advice. And when the medicine is stopped it comes back again. 3 such cycles have repeated so far. I started giving him solids after first such loose motion. He has solids two times daily in the morning and in the afternoon, I have given him rice cereal and banana so far. I gave him goat milk besides breastfeeding till 2.5 months and then only goat milk, he was fine till 4.5months age. He takes 6-7 ounce of milk 4 times in 24 hours. Please let me know what can I do to stop his loose motion, am I doing something wrong?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012