Child has knot on head, moving in circular motion. No discomfort. Should I be concerned?

I have a 9 month old baby girl. Recently, we have noticed a knot, about the size of the pads on your index finger , on the left side of her head, behind the ear, closer to the base of her skull . When you touch it the knot, it will move in a circular motion. It doesnt seem to be uncomfortable, but should i be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
The knot on her head closer to the base of the skull may be a small enlarges suboccipita lymphnode because of local present or a previous skin infection of the scalp.
It may be palpable as a firm, round swelling.
Nothing to worry as there is no any discomfrt to the child.
But in next well baby visit you can discuss with your Pediatrician about the knot like swelling for examination and its nature.
Hope I have answered your query.