Child has knock knee. Should surgery be done?

my 12 year old son has knock knee his left leg is 5 degrees and his right leg is 8 degrees. my son wants to do the surgery cause kids at his school makes fun of him and his knees and ankles hurt when he plays or plays sports. should me and his mom let him have the surgery. his dr said he would do the surgery if we wanted to or we could watch to see if its gets better or worse, but every where i googled it basically says at this age it dont get better on its on. please help.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
I understand your anxiety and your child's situation.Your child is already 12 years old.
If your child complains of pain then go for the surgery.It is better to do the surgery before his bones stop growing.
Consult an expert who specializes in this field.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.