Child has itchy vagina, swollen clitoris, red, blister. What is it?

My 3 and a half year old said her vagina itches. So I told her to let me see because she was about to cry because it was a itching so badly. when she opened her leg she pointed to the clitoral hood area. when I saw it, it was swollen and red looks like a large blister on the side. she says it doesnt hurt, just itches really bad. what is causing this and what is it and is it treatable?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Thank you for your query.Hope this answers your query.
It may be infective or allergic.
Worm infestation is the common reason for these lesions.
Apply flutibact cream locally for 5 days.
De-worm your child at the earliest.Maintain good hygiene of the area.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.