Child has itchy, red spots on arm. What could they be?

My 2 yr old grandson woke up with 4 spots on his arm . He was itching like mad. One was flat red an small other 3 were small but looked like he d took top off and they were wet. We have just had him to docs and in two days they were only 3 but much bigger and drying but we were worried so took him. Our doctor has now reported to the children s services saying they looked like cigarette burn!!!!!! I am absolutly devastated as my daughter and sin in law who hav just been ordered to see the hospital. I am awaiting a call from them. We are worried sick. This little boy is the centre of our life he is loved very much by all the family. It so worrying when this can happen we cannot explain what or why they are there? We were at a family wedding he had a great time came home. Bed then they were there in morning. Have u any advice as to what it could be. They are no where else on his body
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
these may be insect bite. and there is hypersensitivity reaction to the toxin liberated by that insect. or it may be fixed drug eruption, which occurs after taking some drugs. if child was gstarted on any drugs recently , then it may be a possibility.