Child has itchy, red rash. Took Antihistamine and Desonide. No changes. Remedy?

My daughter has a recurring very itchy, very red, raised rash that usually starts on her arm, stomach and back and eventually is all over her body. I ve been to her regular doctor 3 times and a dermatologist once with no diagnosis. They are raised, bright red bumps that form groups of so many you can hardly see her skin beneath them. They come on very suddenly, and are not responsive to benadryl . She was prescribed a stronger antihistamine and Desonide ointment, but it still persists. They said maybe viral, but normally viral rashes are not itchy, and this is extremely itchy. They said it s not eczema , and there is no fever or sore throat or any other symptoms. I ve also ruled out contact dermatitis , but we are re-washing everything in perfume & dye free detergents now just in case. Also no new foods, but the doctor also said it doesn t look like hives
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013