Child has infection in blood, prescribed Gardenal syrup. Safe?

Hello, Sir My 15 Days old ward has admitted in Hospital due to infection in blood culture , Doctor gave him some antiboitics for three weeks and told us that he document seizures that s why he gave him Gardenal Injection for one week and suggested us to give Gardenal syrup for next 45 to 60 days. they also take Lumber Puncture test and Metabolic urine and blood test but these are negetive ,now i wish to know is the Gardenal syrup harm full or has side effects if i give for 2 months to my ward. please explain me... thank you- Rishi Gupta
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012