Child has indigestion, weight loss, vomiting. Prescribed Norfloxacin. Safe medicine?

My baby boy is 5 and half months old. He is on Zerolac milk formula only till date. Since last 8 days, he is facing problem of indigestion. His milk formula intake has been reduced by almost 30% since last 8 days. We noticed weight loss of 200 gms in last 15 days. his current weight is 6.9 Kgs. Doc has given us drug called norfloxacin suspension to cure infection in stomach /indigestion. Also he did vomiting once today morning. Pl advise on this and also on when can we start other liquid food ?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013