Child has increased WBC, fever, diarrhea. Done blood test. Reason?

Hi, I am asking about my baby. He is 9 months old and now admitted in hospital. 1 week ago his WBC increased twice of max and with irregular fever . Doctor prescribed some medicine and back home but its not control then admitted hospital 5 days ago. Now, WBC arre under control and CRP level is 168. Doctors giving injection and blood is under culture. Pathologist said it takes 96 hrs to culture. I am afraid, I know 72 hrs in normal condition. What type of culture this one and why it is done. Again, yesterday, he has some diarrhoea and doctor stopped mother s milk for 2 weeks. Why this is? Baby was healthy and become weak. Is the doctor only doing this and making long time for business or he is in correct way. Now CRP and WBC control, no fever, no diarrhoea. Just waiting report. Please, give me suggestion and if so is there any future complications?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013