Child has high platelet count. Inherited beta thalassemia. Advice?

Hi! My 6 year old son s platelet count is 467( ref level 150-400). His HB is 11.1( ref 13-18), RBC is 5. PCV is 0.33 (ref 0.40-0.54). MCV is 66.0( ref 75-95). MCH is 22 (ref 26-32). MCHC is 34. TLC is 9.. Neutrophil is 39 (ref 40-75). Eosinophils is 04, Basophil 00, Lymphocytes 53 (ref 20-50). Monocytes 04. Iron serum level is 76, TIBC( total iron binding capacity) Serum is 192. (ref 250-400), transferrin 39.6%. His ferritin serum level is 19. Comment on peripheral blood smear: RBC: microcytic and hypo chromic. WBC: mature with normal count and distribution. Platelets: normal. He has beta thalassemia trait from his father. Please advise:
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012