Child has headache, pressure in eyes, shivering and freezing. Given Calpol. Anything else to be done?

My 5 year old little boy came home from school today complaining of a severe headache and a feeling of pressure in both eyes, he also felt very hot. After getting home I gave him calpol .A few minutes later he was then shivering and saying he was freezing. We snuggled on the sofa for an hour after which he had a bath and went to bed.I have just checked him now as he is sleeping (now 11pm) and as he still feels hot I have taken his temperature with a digital ear thermometer . The result was 39.5. I was able to rouse him and have given him another dose of calpol. Do I need to do anything else other than monitor him?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012