Child has hard legs, straightens out legs and crosses them and locks them

my son is 5 Months old and he straightens out and crosses his legs then locks them , they get hard as rocks and when i try to move them or even try and touch them he throws a fit and starts crying like it really hurts
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

How long your baby is doing this?
What is the developmental status of your baby?
Does he hold his neck?
Is he able to sit with some support?

Your baby definitely needs examination and further investigations post examination.

You may contact me with further details on the following URL:

Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Pediatrician Dr. Himanshi Kashyap's  Response
Your 5mths is surely not behaving alright.I think we need to know a lot about the onset,development details,birth historyetc.From what little you have mentioned he would require to be assessed by his pediatrician and need investigation immediately .

Take Care.