Child has green stools. Due to ferrous salt in Ferium drops?

Age of my grand daughter is 2 months & 5 days. From the day 15h, doctor advised Ferium Xt drops at a dose of 8 drops twice daily. The product is a combination of Ferrous Ascorbate & folic acid . The baby is under breast feeding & sometimes ones or twice she is being fed with Nanpro as advised by the specilist Doctor. We are checking her stool colour regularly & find it is having greeenish in colour. My question to you is: Is it due to ferrous salt which gives the colour of stool more greener than yellow?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012