Child has got into a habit of secretly rubbing his reproductive organs. How can parents handle the situation?

my son is 11 years old . He spends a lot of time in the bathroom rubbing his reproductive organ and trying to hide from us. As we warned many times he repeated it again today. Today he told that a friend of him pressed his organ two years ago and also told some stories. he is afraid to tell it to us. he is telling that the organ reminds him his friend. Kindly help us in this situation
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Feb 2013
According to Sigmund Freud Psychoanalytic theory of Development of emotion and cognition around late childhood/early adolescence are bodily centered(broadly sexual drives). In infancy oral(like sucking), in toddlers anal(letting,mesh up),and latency in school age and in adolescence genital drives. So it is common for a 11 year old child to rub a genital region. When the child inner drive is opposed by external factors(social or parents) then conflict occurs and it will present with other manifestations like rebelliousness. Just ignore the behavior , explain him in a comfortable manner and divert his concentration into other constructive activities and requires no intervention at this time. If the child behavior is disturbing his regular and social activities and functioning then consult your Pediatrician or child psychologist.
Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
I appreciate your concern.
this behavior is usually seen in young this stage their body is developing in every way and they find gratification in exploring their bodies,young children do feel immature sexual sensations and they find pleasure in rubbing their genitalia.The most important thing for parents is to ignore this habit,never stop him forcefully or scold him for his behavior,indulge him in some constructive activities,spend time with your child,
Do not worry,your son will be fine.
God bless
Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

thanks for writing to health care magic

your child's behavior is normal for his need not worry about the same.

do not warn him about the same repeatedly

just ignore his behavior

encourage him and appreciate him for the good things he does and ignore this point

get psychiatric help in the rare scenario of any disruption of him day to day activities because of the above

take care