Child has gas problem. Gave expired Vitazyme unknowingly. Any need to worry?

helloo Sir,

Dr has suggested to give Vitazyme drops to our baby since she has prblm of gas so my mother in law purchase this drops but same has expired on Jul 12 (8 months back) and by mistake my wife also give same drops to baby. y'day have saw expiry date. Now m worried.... Is there any harm for baby???
Pl advice....
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Vitazyme contains digestive enzymes.

Don't be panic and nothing to worry.

Usually there will be no any dangerous side effects by giving expired vitazyme drops.

But observe for any vomitings, loose motions, abdominal distention, rash ,and if you find any abnormality consult the Pediatrician.

Don't keep expired medication at home.

Don't use medications of previous prescriptions for current problems.

Hope I have answered your query.

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Relax,there is nothing to worry.Vitazyme is a multienzyme drop and it will not cause any significant problem.
I suggest you to observe your baby for any vomiting or loose motion for 24 hours.
Do not keep expired medicines at home.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless...