Child has frequent headaches, has been drinking caffeine for a while. Could headache be due to caffeine withdrawal?

my 11 year old has headaches and his mom says its from his tonsils. he has not had a history or sore throats or strep . my ex wife and i share custody and he does drink caffeine at my house but not at hers. he is with me for a week and then with her for a week. could the so called caffeine withdrawl be what is causing his headaches? she says he needs a tonsilectomy i disagree if it is not a necessity.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012