Child has frequent cold, cough, wheezing. Will medicine have side effects?

Hello Doctor, Myself Suvendu, staying @ Gurgaon neighboring city, Delhi, India. My daughter is 5 years old. She was at Melbourne when she was 6 months. She came back to India when she was 2 years. She was catching cold , and cough and fever once in every 2 months. She was wheezing between 2-3-4 years. Over the period the frequency has been lessened to 2-3months. Her wheezing has been decreased with decrease in cold and cough. However she still suffers from intermittent wheezing/cold/fever. My question is taking cold/cough/fever medicine has any side effect to her other organs such as kidney/lever/brain, in other words in her overall development. Anyway her growth in gaining weight and height has been good as per my family doctor. Thanking you for your consultation on this.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012