Child has flu and cough. Given myteka and zatofen. Side effects?

sir i m arif brohi from nawabshah sindh pakistan. meri bachi aik saal ki hai kuch mahiney pehley usay flu and cough hogaya tha doctor ko dikhya tou doctor ne Myteka 4 mg Sachet and zatofen syrp lik k de diya aur kaha ap 3 months tak pilaen.1 month hogya hai mein baby ko ye dawai pila raha hon. ap se ye poochna hai in dawai ko pilane se koi side effect tou nhi hoga thanks. A
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Hi Arif Bhai,

Thank you for query.

Myteka and Zatofen are medicines for asthma and from what you describe I do not think that these are needed for your child. In cough following flu or viral infection a simple cough syrup or decongestant syrup should do. It shall be better if you get your child re-examined and find if the medicines mentioned by you are indeed required.

I hope I have answered your query to your saisfaction.

Wishing your child all the best..