Child has flat red spot on low spine area, itched after applying benadryl, is not vaccinated with varicella. Immediate attention required?

My 22 month old son has three red spot on his low spine area that we just noticed while bathing him. They are flat. They may or may not be itchy. I put some benadryl on it, and then he started to try and scratch a little. He has not had the varicella vaccine yet. Could it be chicken pox or something else that needs immediate attention? There does not appear to be any other spots. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012