Child has fits, foaming at mouth, fingers tightening. What to do?

Dear Doctor, My son is having fits problem when the fits started almost he was 6-yrs old. We visited to Doctor he advised Tegretal madicine. This madicine continue for 3-yrs . after 3-yrs we stopped. Sunddenly fits again started. We visited Doctor again he advised for EEG & City Scan test both test was done found normal. He advised medicine for another 3-yrs . During this period there was no problem. This medicine Doctor continues upto 5-years. After 5-years the EEG & City Scan was agaoin done the test was normal. The Medicine was discintinued by tapering down not suddenly as adivised by Doctor. After 2-years stopping Medicine. My Son has again fit in the morning time around 3:00AM when he was sleeping. During this time he was making much noise due to breathing . JHAAG were seen on his mouth. His fingers & body parts was tight. He was totally unconcious. Please guide me what to do ? Offcourse I would consult & visit my previous Doctor but I would like your advice as an expert. Giving Tegretal continuously will cause some side effect or not ? Will he be all right after some time or keep this medicine life long. Please help me . Prabhakar Bhardwaj Mobile 0000 (India(
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012