Child has fever, weight loss, appetite loss, pale complexion. Blood test showed low Hb. Treatment?

My daughter, 6 1/2, has had persistent low grade fever for 2 to 3 weeks. Blood test revealed low hemogloban and fecal occult test revealed trace amounts of blood in her stool. She s lost 3 pounds over the last 6 months and her complexion is very pale. Her appetite has also diminished. We have been referred to pediatric GI doctor for further testing. Any thoughts as to possible dx and treatment plan?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013