Child has fever, sore throat, negative strep swab. Coughing, tired. Should I go to doctor?

My son is 9 years old. He weighs about 54 lbs (very small for his age). Two days ago he spiked a temp of 101.5 and was complaining of a sore throat . I brought him to see the doctor and they did a strep swab. The rapid came back negative. Here we are two nights later, and his temp just spiked to 102.8. He says his throat doesn t hurt anymore, but he is coughing now. He has been tired for the last few days. Should I take him back to the doctor, or wait it out?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012