Child has fever, runny nose and cough weeks after strep treatment, given Advil. Will that be sufficient?

My son is 6 years old and has a rectal temperature of 102.7. He was treated about 3 weeks ago with amoxicillin for strep , but has started coughing and having a runny nose again the past few days. He woke up at 1:30 a.m. and was on fire, when I took his temperature it was 102.7 rectally. I gave him 1 1/2 tsp of Advil and have a cold rag on his head. Does he need to go to the ER or should I wait and call his doctor in the morning.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012