Child has fever, painful foot, no other symptoms. Polio myelitis or rheumatic fever?

Hi, my son turned 5 yrs old this month, this is the third time for the year that he has developed an elevated temperature ranging 99.3 to 103.4 degrees Celsius, no cold or flu symptoms ,no nausea or vomiting, no diarrhea ,actually that happens to be the only symptom. However, I d reported to his Dr, that he d complain of a painful foot approximately three times within the last 2 weeks, stating that it s hurting badly and he cannot move it, she associated the two and said it appears to be viral myelitis , he had all his immunizations and is up to date. do i need to be concerned about polio myelitis as an option or rheumatic fever?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012