Child has fever, fatigue, nausea, headache, leg pain, stomach cramps, diarrhea. Normal for flu virus?

My 8 year old son had flu symptoms for about 3 days...fever, fatigue, nausea and headache. After the fever cleared up he began to feel normal and started normal routine. Today he woke up with leg pain in his calves. I gave him tylenol and he went through the entire day feeling fine. A little while ago he said his legs were hurting again. Now he is having stomach cramps and diarrhea. Is this normal for a flu virus? The rest of us had the flu but recovered without having experienced the leg cramps and diarrhea combo. FYI he only had the fever and other flu symptoms for about 3 days. Yesterday no signs of illness and now today these symptoms.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013