Child has fever, dry cough, running nose, body pain. Prescribed P125. Should we get more tests done?

Hi my child - 2.2 yrs old, has fever with dry cough and running nose for the past 3 days. He also complaints of body pain.Fever is getting up and down. I was advised from my pediatrician to give p125 every 4-6 hours and meftal-p if the temperature is more. Dosing with p125 is not getting his temp down. But when I have given Meftal-p his temp is down and he is feeling better. In the past 3 days I have given him p125 every 4-6 hours and meftal ( totally 3 times in 3 days ) when his temp was high. I am also scared would meftal-p will lead to side effects? He is active at low temp and is very drowsy when the temp goes up. His dry cough is getting more. We have also taken blood test and the pediatrician says every thing normal. There are dengu fever and other dangerous fever surrounding our area, should we go about for further test pls advise me. 6 months before when he had fever it let to fitz and hence we also giving him frizium tablet now at the time of fever. He is also taking corex dx for cough and azithromizyn. Is the treatment I am taking is fine or should I go for further test and treatment and will more usage of meftal-p lead to side effects...........
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012