Child has fever, cough. Prescribed Cefixime. High platelet count. Reason?

hi 3yo daughter has fever 37-38 for 3days now.usally heats up late afternoon until night. mild cough started the 3rd day, flu ,no nausea,no vomiting, no rashes , no signs of sickness not until she heats up then she gets weak. her platelet count as of today is 179, lymphocytes at 56. doc said to give her cefixime for 7 days but if fever still occurs tom then we have to repeat the cbc to compare the platelet count for possible cause of dengue. my daughter rarely gets sick...pls enlighten me.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013