Child has fever, congestion, cough, vomiting, stomach pain. Ultrasound inconclusive. What to do?

My 5 year old started off last week with a high fever and some congestion. Then the fever was gone a cough started with him vomiting once with stomach pains. The pediatrician sent him to hospital to check for appendicitis . The ultrasound was inconclusive because they couldn t really see the appendix. The doctor observed him while he drank some juice, which he kept down. They think it was the virus causing the glands to swell and stomach irritation. He seems weak and pale and doesn t eat as much, but has gone to school without any problems. It has been a week since this started and he still feels sick when he eats but only vomited once and had diarrhea once. Should I monitor him for another day and send him back to the pediatrician/hospital?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013