Child has fever and throat problem. Temporary relief by crocin. Safe to give bilclav ds?

my son is seven years hold and he is having bad throat from last two days associated with fever . I am giving him crocinn and flagyl syrup but not getting total relief. He is having pain also in throat while swallowing . Earlier also he was having same problem and doctor advised me to give him flagyl, bilclav ds and antoxy 2. But i have not started with bilclav ds. is it safe to start this without consulting the doctor as now he is out of town.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013