Child has fever. Penicillin shot was given. Any need to worry?

My son had a severe ear pain 6 days ago during the night time & also complained of throat pain.i took him to day & diagnosed with ear infection on one side & fluids on both the sides.dr.also told me without the strep test,even if he has one also ,the z pack antibiotic will take care of it.till yesterday i.e.,after three days also the fever has not went down.again yesterday we took him to dr and strep test was done and it came positive.immediately after that,pencillin shot was given to is been more than 30 hrs now and fever is not getting controlled.i wanted to know whether we have to wait more or is there any concern?please help me here.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013