Child has fever. Giving Ibugesic. Any long-term effect? History of viral infection

Hello Doctor ,my son is 4 year old. He is having high fever since last five days and frequency of fever is 5-6 hours. As prescribed by the doctor we are giving ibugesic plus in regular interval of 6 hours and an antibiotic dose 2 times a day. But here worry is whether ibugesic will effect in long term or not. Also, we have all the medical examination( TLC , DLC , platellets) done for him and reports are fine. Infact 1 month back he suffered with viral infection and all tests( Malaria , Typhoid ,platellets count) were negative and now it seems he developed the viral again. He also has blocked nose.. request you expert advice.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012