Child has fever. Can he be allowed to swim?

Hi my 5 year old son is going for swimming every day morning at 6 am then goes to school directly from there.. And comes back ome at 4pm. After dinner at 5 he goes to bad at 7... From last 2 days he is sufferring from fever almost 100.5.. Can I allow I m for swim... Is this daily routine is ok for I m or is it very hard? Please advice
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
to me its a strange routine. early to bed and early to rise is good but dinner at 5pm and going to bed at 7pm is little strange. to me dinner at 8pm and going to bed after 9-10 seems ok. What other activities he do apart from swimming?

for your main question..swimming during fever...

i want to know the cause of fever, whether it is common cold & respiratory tract infection or anything else.

fever less than 101 and child is playful - not a contraindication for swimming. but you have to be careful about his activity. treat the cause and since he is having fever since 2 days. ask him for rest and show him to a pediatrician for evaluation of the cause.