Child has esotropia, bobbling head, cannot walk, not eating. MRI showed opacification of middle ear cavity. What is it?

My niece has multiple health symptoms which are not consistent with typical development. She is almost 18 months old, but is not walking (just cruising along furniture). Her head bobbles. She has esotropia of her right eye. She will only sit on my sister s left hip. She holds her head cocked to keep her left ear up. She is not eating whole foods. She will put food in, but then just move it around for a while, then spit it out. Without Pediasure, she would not be able to maintain her weight. She is not speaking yet (uses few words). She just had an MRI and the findings were complete opacification of the left middle ear cavity, left mastoid antrum, and all of the left mastoid air cells with rim enhancement of the middle ear cavity. No Chiari malformations . I am worried there is cranial nerve involvement due to her multiple symptoms. I read online about Gradenigo s syndrome . What do you think is going on? Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012